Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk PAI 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregl45

Technical User
Apr 4, 2006
US
We are having issues with our CenturyLink SIP Trunk. outgoing calls stopped working all of the sudden. CL support says they are receiving a PAI request in the header. we have this set to none in the SIP URI but they are saying they are still reviving the PAI info.. is there anywhere else that the PAI us sent from? I cannot find any other settings.

Check the line's Use Domain for PAI and Use PAI for Privacy settings.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

They are both unchecked. I even tried the "swap From and PAI Diversion" but no go.

If you run a monitor trace do you see anything about PAI in the trace? I tend to not believe providers without seeing it for myself. I make the joke that providers have a flow chart when calling in...

Step 1 Do you have a PBX?
If yes blame PBX
Return to Step 1

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

The issue is resolved and it had nothing to do with the PAI. it was an issue with the providers DNS not resolving the domain.

I have had a provider tell me "if you send it we use it" like they have no control over ignoring something... ended up having nothing to do with what they complained about it too. I hate dealing with most SIP providers they blindly blame the PBX and rarely listen to any kind of reason. Getting a good tech who will actually work with you and use his head, not read off a sheet, is a rare treat.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Yes/No (my fav phrase of the month). Yes, they can ignore any headers that they don't use. But with a header like PAI, it is good that they don't unless it was expected, otherwise they can be letting information meant to be private network only out onto the public network. But as said, it wasn't actually PAI in this case.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

The best part was I kept telling them that their documentation clearly states that PAI is to be checked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back