Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk Early Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkantur

Systems Engineer
Aug 28, 2020
DE
Hey good day!

I hope someone can help me here...

We got an invite from Provider Site to the SBC with the Header "P-Early-Media" - SBC sends the Invite to the SM - SM send the invite to the CM

CM sends a 183 Session Progress back, but without the "P-Early-Media"

So the caller dont get the Information that Early Media is supported.

I found an Article thats RFC 5009 ( Early Media ) is not Supported on CM 7.1

Have anyone an idea how to include this Header in the 183 Session Progress back to the Provider?

Is it possible to add a Adaption in the SM with this Header?

We need to send this Header back to the Provider on his Invite.

I hope someone have an idea!

Best Regards!
Stay safe

There are some provider specific Adaptation Modules in System Manager that you can read up on to see if they include the P-Early-Media header.

If not, there is a process for writing SigMa Scripts in the SBC that may work for you. I don't have a lot of experience in that but I'm sure others here do.

On the SIP trunk group around page 4, if you have "Convert 180 to 183 for Early Media" you should be able to set it to 'y' and get the early media in the response.

Hey,

in the SMGR i dont found any Adaption for Early Media.

For the Trunk i have already enable "Convert 180 to 183 for Early Media".

I am still dont get the early Media Header back...

Someone an idea how to configure the sigma script for sbc?

This would best be done at the SBC before the call got to the SMGR or CM.

If you have an Avaya/Sipera SBC this is done by using a sigma script modifying a media attribute. Google for avaya sigma should get you 90% there.

If you have an Oracle/Acme Packet SBC this work is done in the header manipulation rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back