Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sip Trunk configuration on vMIVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinos

Technical User
Nov 5, 2014
BW
Hi all.
I would like to configure a SIP trunk that does not use a registration with the provider. The provider has given me a Signalling IP address and Media IP address. Please assist me with were to put these two IP addresses in the 'Network Elements' form and 'SIP Peer Profile' form.
I have configured a peer Sip Trunk before and it only had a single IP address to use.

what is the name of the carrier, there are many guides on what is required , its easier to work from something that might already have been worked out

Also not all sip carriers will work with a MIVB without also having a MBG in the middle to act as a sip proxy

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks for the response however I would like to focus on how signalling and media IP addresses are implemented. Disregard other scenarios.

if you cant provide more information i cant help . good luck

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

You need to get the COE for the carrier you are attempting to use. It will give you all of the information you need.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

I would like to know if on the SIP trunk settings one can enter signalling IP address and a separate media IP address and that will be all. I cant find it maybe someone out there knows. If the setting is not available then a confirmation to that fact is fine.

Struggling with the same issue using Ooma SIP trunks. Wireshark captures indicate "Freeswitch" as their Platform, no reference in the Knowledge Base.
Mitel doesn't have an option to set a media IP address, signalling and media should come from the same IP. Currently working with Mitel support, will see if they can clarify.

VARob,

I replied on your other thread, I wanted to get you in touch with our support channel at: enterprisesupport@ooma.com

Am looking forward to hearing from you.

-Kyle

The only carrier I've seen different signalling and media addresses for was Lumen, and for that, I had to set up the MiVB to use the signalling address in Network Elements, then had to also add the media address in the MBG that sat between the MiVB and the carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back