Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk CLID

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenkins84

Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
CH
I have a customer who purchased an ALLWORX 6X and asked me to set it up for him. I have set it up with some temporary sip trunks from VOIP.MS and I have the trunks registered and can make calls. The problem I am having is that they want to be able to use different outgoing CLID information from a single phone for different situations (two different business names under one roof and a home phone number for personal calls all on the system). I tried setting up different call appearances and line appearances, but I am having a heck of a time getting it to function properly. Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thank you.

You would likely need to have the service provider update caller name database in the Targus and Lidbe databases along with the local PSAP for 911. You can identify what Tn you want to send out for each call appearance on the call but the caller id information is maintained by the telco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back