Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sip trunk between CUCMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

eksantrik

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
US
I am new to Cisco Callmanager. I set up a network in my lab. I basically have 2 cisco callmanagers. Callmanager 4 and 6. They are connected to the same multilayer switch and they are different networks.
I built a sip trunk between them without a problem and I was able to make calls back and forth. I only thing I did was to build the trunk and create a route on each side pointing to the SIP trunk. I had no calling search spaces, no nothing configured.

The problem started to happen when I try to connect the switch to a remote site via an ipsec tunnel. I have another CCM 4 at a remote site. IP connectivity is there. I checked it via pings. I configured a sip trunk between the local CCM6 and remote CCM4. I also have another sip trunk through port 5065 between CCm4 local and CCM4 remote.

Here is my problem. When I try to make a call from local to remote, remote side rings and when the remote side pick up the phone, I get a fast busy signal on local phone.

I am doing port mirroring on local side and I capture "error 503: service unavailable" messages on local side as soon as I start to get that busy signal. That sip error message is originated from the remote CCM4 and destined to my local CCM.

When the phone on remote side tried to initiate the call to local, he get a fast busy signal as soon as he dials my number. It doesnt even ring on my side.

As I said, I started to configure each CCM from scratch. I am getting the same results for all the calls between CCM4 local and CCM4 remote and between CCM6 local and remote CCM4. Any ideas about what I need to check?

Thanks for the help,

ps please let me know how I can check the traces for those calls if you think it is going to be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back