Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trace 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookingup

Technical User
Jul 26, 2018
US
Hi All. I have a Mitel 3300 V8.0 SP3

Is there a way to do essentially a packet capture on a SIP trunk from within the MCD. An external capture such as Wireshark is not possible.

I am trying to see what field the caller ID and CESID are sent in.

use the maintenance command: SIP TCPDUMP [ON/OFF}

The trace can be found via FTP on the vmail partition /vmail

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

hi, have you been able to ftp MiVB 9? I am getting this error:

Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

I used to ftp using filezilla, but unable with MiVB9.

cheers

daniel

@danramirez , no I have not tried release 9.0 but this question is not 9.0

If I had to make a guess, you need to connect to release 9 using the root password on port 22

Where it would be stored? I have no idea

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Found this in the TCP DUMP section of the Maintenance Commands Help files:

Captured data is saved into files and placed in the /Vmail folder. All SIP signaling files in the /Vmail folder have names in the format of WS_xxxxxx.pcap. A maximum of 20 compressed files of approximately 5-Mbyte size can be created by MiVoice Business. To collect the most recently captured data, download the SOS report from Administration > View log files in Server Manager. If logging is left running for a long time, you can manually download all the WS_xxxxx.pcap files using sftp or scp.
NOTES
Once retrieved, it is strongly recommended to use the SIP TCPDUMP CLEAR command.
The SOS report generated from Administration > View log files in Server Manager contains the latest SIP TCPDUMP file.

@danramirez,

I believe plain FTP has now been disabled on MiVB 9.0

You need to use SFTP and as SXWizard says the .pcap is saved in the /vmail directory of the MSL.

@kwb yes, root username and password.

@SXWizard for some reason my help file does not include the bit "To collect the most recently captured data, download the SOS report from Administration > View log files in Server Manager." I might need to install the latest help file version on 9.0

@saron I managed to connect using FileZilla, just needed to make sure port 22 is entered so it uses SecureFTP. WinSCP also works

Cheers guys

@danramirez - The instructions were from 9.0 SP1 and three commands were added:
The following new SIP TCPDUMP commands are added to enhance the current SIP logging capabilities.
SIP TCPDUMP ALL
SIP TCPDUMP CCN <CALLED OR CALLING NUMBER>
SIP TCPDUMP CLEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back