Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP TO/FROM URI format - not correct format

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallyjumlad

Vendor
May 14, 2008
GB
THe SIP messages sent to/from the CS1k are as follows
sip:1080;phonecontext=dorchester.dorset.com@customera.com:5060

But I want it to be sip:1080@customera.com:5060

Most third party SIP devices are expecting SIP:[tel number]@[IP Address] but nortel has this sip:[tel number];cdp.udp@[domain name]

How can I get rid of the cdp.udp but to leave
SIP:[tel number]@[IP Address];5060

Where are you sending the calls that you need to change the CS1000E format?

This is a third party server used for call centre processing. I have no information on this as I was only asked to setup the SIP trunks on the PBX - they came back expecting a different SIP format. I haev also seen the same issue with connecting to Audiocodes or Asterix servers it is the CS1K that looks to be unique.

You may need to implement something like the Avaya SIP Adaptation Module, which is part of the Aura platform, in order to perform the translation.

If its pre CS1K 7.5 then I believe I could Proxy through what is called an SES, an older Avaya product , and it’s possible to change it there through some translation or “adaption”.
If it is CS1K 7.5 then the Session Mgr/ Session Mgr (rel 6.1) pair can do this translation.

THis is a release 4.5 older system and I was hoping to do some change on the SS or teh NRS to accomidate this but I do not think it is possible.

If your call is tagged international - looks like you will get what you are looking for.

NPI/TON/DN SIP URI
E.164/
International/
1-613-967-3756

NRS example:
sip:+16139673756@myServiceProvider.com;user=phone

See following Guide starting page 40 for examples:

Network Routing Service
Fundamentals
Release: 6.0
Document Revision: 01.04
NN43001-130

Also, (not available on 4.5) with 6.0 there is a Network Post-translation - that allows you to modify the phone-content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back