Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP to Analog Line convertor for MICS/CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tele-tech

Technical User
Apr 21, 2021
CA
Hey all,

We have a client who wants SIP lines for their CICS system. They have an aversion to the local telco, and the have FTTB. We are a SIP reseller, so this is something we can help with.

However, being a CICS, obviously cannot take SIP lines. We're were pointed in the direction of a Grandstream GXW-4108 with FXO ports by our distributor, but it seems to work in the reverse of what we were expecting. The distributor confirmed multiple times that this would take a SIP line in, and put analog lines out to connect to the CICS. However, when I called Grandstream support(since I could not get this box to output dial tone for the life of me, even though the SIP trunk was registered), they said this was the wrong device, and that we should be looking at a HT818 or the older model, Gateway 4008.

The HT818 seems to take SIP in, and have analog extensions out. I just want to confirm that if I have a SIP trunk with 8 channels, that this box will take 1 SIP trunk in, and give me access to the 8 channels via analog lines so the CICS could use 8 analog lines.

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but want to make sure we're doing the right thing.

Thanks in advance!

we should be looking at a HT818
This is correct!

You want FXS ports and not FXO.

As long as the carrier allows for X amount of channels to be used on your phone number/s than you should be fine.
Check out the Admin Guide on page 66 for channel/line configuration for each of the FXS ports.
There appears to be hunting programming on that page as well but that can be done with the carriers GUI too in most cases.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I've installed a couple of Audiocodes MP-114/-118 devices that connect back to a SIP server to provide analog dial tone to Norstar equipment. They are a bit of a pain to set up but seem to work well once going. There are two school boards in my area that use them to centralize their calling through a central server.

- Qz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back