Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Station "How-to" giude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duaneness

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
US
Avaya CM 7.0 / System Manager/Session Manager 7.0

Running 46xx/96xx/96x1 IP sets, all H323. Looking for a "quick setup guide" to add a SIP phone.I found lots of help on SIP trunking (which I'll need later, but we're not there yet), but nothing on adding a SIP station to an H323 environment. Anybody have anything like this that you're willing to share?

Thanks in advance -

Thanks for the docs, they are a great reference.

I'm trying to add a J139 SIP phone to our H323 environment. It looks like I'm running into an issue with the certificates. I included the System Manager CA certificate (SystemManagerCA.cacert.pem) to the TRUSTCERTS line in the settings file, but from the TLS trace in traceSM it looks like the server is sending the cert from the Session Manager instead (podfx-sm-1-sm100.xxxxxx.com). I am fairly new to SMGR/SM, but I think all the necessary bits are configured. I know even less about certificates. I had to figure out how to export the SMGR cert to get this far, but I can't seem to find any reference to a cert for SM.

In the trace, I see the following:

Client Hello
Server Hello
Handshake Protocol: Certificate
Handshake Protocol: Client Key Exchange
Change Cipher Spec Protocol: Change Cipher Spec
Handshake Protocol: Encrypted Handshake Message
Encrypted Alert

And that's it. The set never registers with CM, it just sits there at "Acquiring Service."

Anyone have any thoughts?

(BTW, we do have SIP working for our AAM and AAEP solutions).

Thanks in advance -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back