Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP setup in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlcom

Technical User
Dec 2, 2016
GB
Hi there,

Has anyone ever set up SIP in Germany before on an Avaya IP 500 R10.1?

I haven't set up user authentication with SIP previously, especially not Germany. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light.

SIP line is set with reg.sip-trunk.telekom.de in Domain name - SIP credentials seem to have username and authentication name set.

ARS is set to dial N"@reg.sip-trunk.telekom.de"

SA shows trunk in service but failed on registration and cant make calls.

Any help at this stage would be helpful.

'SIP Credentials' details now changed and 'Registration' tab in SA has now disappeared so no registration error at this point.

Still no calls though.

Does anyone know if German Telekom are meant to provide an SBC address to set in the 'SIP Line' & 'Transport' Domain name part instead of the reg.sip-trunk.telekom.de ???

Something not right with reg.sip-trunk.telekom.de as it doesn't resolve so will be no good to use on the SIP trunk.

The country of a SIP trunk should make no difference as there are basically two ways to setup SIP trunks

IP Authentication - you send option, request packets etc to an SBC IP address and that provider only accepts and sends traffic to the IP address you have setup for authentication.

Username/Password - You configure a username/password which registers the trunk to the providers SBC and provides them the public IP address with which to send traffic to.

I have configured French, US, Chinese and multiple SIP trunks and 95% of the setup of each has been exactly the same.

| ACSS SME |

I think you should be using an IP address instead of the reg.sip-trunk.telekom.de. Here is another setup they talk about changing the host file as that FQDN isn't resolved able like Pepp77 said. The address is 217.0.15.67. If you do a whois for that IP it comes up as telekom.de.

Thank you for the reply pepp77 and Jmack23.

German telco replied saying they cannot give an IP as they are dynamic, so they resolve to the reg.sip-trunk.telekom.de.

been a nightmare so far. Would it help if i add pics of the IPO set up so far?

I believe the FQDN is only resolved by Telekom DNS.

You should try to set an explicit DNS Server under SIP-Line - Transport.
If the router with the SIP Trunk is getting the Telekom DNS dynamical then just try to insert the router IP.

Could you test this and give us feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back