Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP registration on a Grandstream GAC 2500 Conf unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDCre63

Vendor
Feb 26, 2015
US
I am attempting to get a GS GAC 2500 SIP conference unit to register to a hosted SIP service provider. Unit is getting DHCP and ISP access locally from an on site router and I need to get it to register to an address. To me it should be just like registering a SIP handset/phone set but no matter what settings I use or change in the GAC GUI, I cannot get the set to register, and therefore make calls. The SIP port programmed to listen for messages is 5060, per normal. I have searched the web and Grandstream's website but to no avail. Any insight would be appreciated.

Is there any info you can give us besides it does not work?

Do other sets or devices with other SIP accounts work at the same site?
Did you try the same credentials using another device on the same network?
Did you try the same credentials using another device not on the same network?
What is the error code?
Did you check for Internet on a laptop on that data jack?
What Router make is it?
Did you disable SIP/ALG on the Router?

This might help some people here so they can then chime in.

Thanks

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Figured this out: what I didn't know was that the hosted IP/SIP PBx provider had all traffic on public port 5060 blocked as a security measure to keep the spammers/hackers at bay. Once I switch the public port to 5960 and set up the GS GAC 2500 for the same but kept the external routing to 5060, it came up and worked immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back