Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingTHIS

Programmer
Aug 23, 2012
US
Hello,
R9.1(9) IPO with SIP. I'm quite green when it comes to SIP programming so your patience is appreciated. From reading the posts/documents I see that the standard way of programming the URI is *,*,*,none, and it has worked for me several times in the past but it has not for the last couple. To get things to work properly I have had to use "Use Internal Data",,,none and the Send Caller ID is set to Diversion Header. User Internal Data creates the SIP tab on the users so I have been entering the respective DID's in the three fields on this tab. It works this way but there is a manual step that I'm having to do and was hoping for a blanket statement to avoid this step.

If I don't have a DID programmed on a user tab then the inbound call will not complete. I have been creating dummy users and programming the other DID's(main number, extra DID's, etc.) on them to get them to complete. This can obviously get quite tedious on larger deployments with many extra DID's. I have a general statement in the ICR of (800)555-xxxx, #, to match their 4-digit extensions.

1. Is there a blanket or general statement that can be added to avoid doing each DID individually?

2. Does this indicate that SIP DID's do not match in the ICR but somewhere else instead?

Thank you in advance.

If you have an URI with stars (*) it will use ICR when matching incoming calls.
If you have an URI with "Use Internal Data" it will use the number in the SIP tab when matching incoming calls.

I usually setup both, it will then use the ICR on incoming and the SIP tab to set CLI on outgoing.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back