Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Provisioning Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbxpoweruser

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2007
CA
Hello,
We are currently setting up SIP Line telephones on a Succession 7.5 system. Have anyone used a provisioning server to be able to send the configuration settings to the telephone by using a MAC Address specific configuration file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes.

Make sure you have read the SIP software for your handset book. I use 1140e's with SIP, so I look at the SIP Software for 1100 Series IP phones Admin guide.

I user TFTP to distribute the config files, so make sure whatever protocol you use, the server is up, running, and reachable.

Again for my 1140e sets running SIP, I have the following config files on the ftfp server:

deviceConfig.dat - global SIP config parameters
1140eSIP.cfg - 1140e specific parameters
dialPlan.txt - my dialplan config file
sipkeys.txt - my default keys for SIP 1140 sets file

SIP<SetMACAddr>.cfg - station specific config parameters
<SIPUser@MySIPDomain>.cfg - SIP User specific config parameters
<Custom>keys.txt - Customized keys for specific SIP user sets

The first three files have all the default non user-specific parameters.
The last three files have specific settings for users and/or specific sets.

It may look like a lot of work, but it really makes your life easier than trying to config a bunch of sets manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back