Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP PROVIDER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECCOMMS

Vendor
Jun 23, 2008
US
Hello

Looking into SIP providers

i am sorry but i do not understand how it works...

do you just call up and tell them what phones have what number

like for example on a One-X system you say extension 210 gets XXX-9000

Then extension 211 gets XXX-9001

can someone explain? thanks in advance.

You are looking for call hosting or centrex.
Where do you reside?

no i mean sip just using VoIP

i have 2 4620SW sets on a POE switch but how do i have a SIP provider add lines to these sets>

In the SIP > URI tab select User data
The Users wil get an extra SIP Tab.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

I don't think these phones can connect directly to a SIP provider.
Try the definity forum.

I presume these are quick edition handsets, 4610 or 4620 handsets connected to your LAN and then connected to an Avaya gateway with analogue or ISDN2e lines already. if they are Avaya IPOffice 4610 handsets the firmware will not allow them to work on a LAN without the rest of the phone system, The telltale sign is they have a quick edition label on the back of the phone if they don't have these they will not connect to the Avaya gateway and therefore to any trunks let alone SIP.

IF tey are quick edition you need a router such as a Draytek Vigor 2820 with VOIP capability and you then get a sip trunk service provider such as Voiceflex and obtain their settings along with how ever many numbers you want programmed to ring your phones or Hunt groups for day and night service etc. These will be DDI numbers and can be assigined to the Avaya Gateway and then programmed to ring a Hunt group or extenion depending on how you want calls to be handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back