Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sip phone soft key to activate a web relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

It wire techs

Vendor
Dec 5, 2017
US
Looking for a way to bind the button of a yealink or grandstream or any sip phone as far as that goes to send an HTTP command to hit a web relay, the string would look like
or an xml command state.xml?relayState=2&pulseTime=5

I just want to have a button send this line out over the network to trigger a relay

Any one ever do this

IT Wire Techs
Telephone System Repair
Los Angeles

Like what a "Call Button" does, a box with a button....I use this on my BCM.

On my Yealink T29 under DSSkey/Programmable Key there is a choice "URL"...see if that works.

I could not test this on the Yealink with my BCM (APPP Page Kiosk) because:

Note in case using, browsers no longer support username/password in URL, you will be prompted to login with the usual popup box.
There is an add-on with firefox and registry fix I think for exp/edge....I have not tried either yet.

The same seems to go for the Yealink (assume all other SIP sets), I could see the button flash red/green 6 or 7 times but did not page my sets.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Take a look at Amazon.

They have a large variety of WIFI Relays.

Just make sure that you don't select one that is controlled by an APP.

If you are technically inclined with the Arduino IDE, you can use an ESP8266 module and a relay module to accomplish you goal.

There are several good YouTube videos explaining how to do it.

I hope this helps you.

Bill Hayhurst

PS:
You can go to the Multi-Purpose Keys area and put your URL (IP Address) in one of the XML Appication Mode button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back