Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Maximum calls exceeded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceaserx

Technical User
Apr 14, 2008
ZA
Hi

I have a 3300 MXE running MCD 7.0 and I am getting a SIP 503 error stating "maximum calls have been exceeded" from the Mitel.

There are more than enough SIP trunk licenses so that is not the issue. Currently no calls can be made or received. I have deleted and recreated the SIP peer profiles and Network elements without any success. Controller has been rebooted as well.

It's almost as if the Mitel thinks all SIP trunk licenses are in use or not available.

How many SIP Peers do you have?
There is an option in the SIP Peer - 'Minimum Reserved Call Licenses' that will reserve channels.
If this is set to the same as you are licened for it won't allow any other peers to use the licenses.

Hi

After checking all settings we decided to upgrade to MCD 7.0 Sp1 PR2 and it has resolved the issue.

Quite a bizarre problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back