Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Line ELAN dsbl and DCH not up

Status
Not open for further replies.

justclifton

Technical User
Feb 12, 2013
US
I am an IT guy new to the CS1000 helping to add third party SIP support to an existing CS1000 7.5 with some unistim based IP phones already. As most people we are trying to save money without involving support.

We used the guides including the SIP Line Fundamentals to get everything set up using Element Manager. The guide mentions to check the config using LD 48 and LD 96.

Under LD48 when doing stat elan we get:
ELAN #: 050 DES: SIPLINES
APPL_IP_ID: 0.0.0.0 : 00000000 LYR7: DOWN DSBL
Hoping we could just enable it we tried to do enable commands based on aml like enl aml 50 but we got LNK217 errors. Not sure if it was just we are trying to do the command wrong or missing something else.

Under LD96 and stat DCH we get
DCH 050 : OPER RLS

I haven't been able to find out what we may have missed by searching or double checking the settings so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
Thank you.

Hi,

There is to much to just ask and tell when configuring SIP or CS1000 for that matter. But since the DCH isn't established I think you didn't cofigure:

1. Your signaling server
2. Your node

check both [2thumbsup]

Btw: Did you check to see if you have SIP licenses before you started configuring? LD 22 - REQ TLD

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

also do not forget to configure a sip route and your sip trunks otherwise DCH will not establish

regards
Fritz

Thanks for the reply, Marc.
Very true that it is a big task with an open ended question. I do have the SIP license. 2 third party.
We added SIP Line to the existing running node. After reading your suggestion I looked at the SIP Line config again and noticed we don't have anything for SLG endpoint name or SLG Group ID. Will the endpoint name be the hostname that is listed for the signalling server that I want this to run under? Will the Group ID be the Node ID that this is configured under?

Thanks for any help.

Just a follow up for anyone that ran across this. The problem was due to the trunks created for the SIP Line route. For media security I originally set it to Media Security Best Try (MSBT) and once we changed that to Media Security Never (MSNV) everything came up.
Thanks Fritz for the heads up.
I am still having a problem getting a third party SIP phone to register but that is a different problem.

We did get 2 of them for testing. I can program the phone just fine and it reflects that in the license but I am trying different softphones and they are getting errors trying to register. We are going a different route on this project so unfortunately I won't have much time to spend on it but in the long run I do want to get this working.
If anyone has any online docs or tips about getting third party SIP phones to work using SIP Line I would like to look through those as I get time.
Thanks for the help.

I too would like to get some 3rd party SIP phones working but here's the sad story...
If you have access to the Avaya solutions on the support site do a search on SOLN177463.
Bear in mind that this was from July 2010 and refers to release 4.0 but I don't think it's changed:
"The CS1000 Rls. 4.0 is fully compliant to the SIP standard. However, CS 1000 is not fully opened to all SIP products on the market. This is Nortel policy. Nortel wants to control which vendor is compliant and can be registered on our Registrar Server. For that, the vendor has to be certified."

There is also a reference to the IP Peer Networking book regarding the SIP Registrar and "certified compatible SIP endpoints".

So there is apparently some hook in the SIP registration that checks whether the SIP phone is "certified by Nortel/Avaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back