Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sip Line Conference Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeHadronCollider0

Technical User
Dec 20, 2007
IT
Hi Guys,

On CS 1000 release 7.50, I installed a Polycom IP 5000, configured as sip line.
The problem is that when I make the conference, does not allow you to connect more than three users.
Currently sip protocol does not allow for the conference with more than three members, there is someone who would know give me a solution for making sure you connect more than three users?

Thanks in advance

I might be completely wrong here, but does the Polycom link to the phone system as a set type such as a 1220 etc?. if so then can the digital sets key be changed from AO3 to AO6?. For any analogue 500 sets, CLS = C6A and XFA.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

The IP 5000 is SIP. It is not UNIStim which is what would be required to be configured as a 200x/11xx/12xx.

From what I have read the SIP end point would use Local Coference. So it would be a limitation of the Polycom, not the CS1000.

When you use a SIP end point the majority of the features of the CS1000 cant be used. The Polycom user guide says you can only conference up to 2 additional parties. So I don't think you have a problem, it is working as designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back