Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP endpoint licenses exceeds 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggizod

Technical User
Aug 21, 2012
US
Hi guys. I have licenses for 13 non-avaya ip endpoints , system monitor shows only 3 from 13 in use. When I add new sip user&ext I have this message:" the number of non-avaya ip ext configured exceeds the number licensed "
The problem is I can;t register sip phone , I don't exclude that sip phone need to be tweaked , BUT jsut in case want to exclude license issue. System monitor shows only 3 from 13 in use does it mean I still can setup and register 10 sip endpoints , if yes that message just giving me information right ?
Thank you

That message is a load of bull. It can be ignored and is not why you cannot register the SIP phone.

| ACSS SME |

Think it complains if you have more than licensed in the configuration, doesn't mean they are all in use or wont work.

I have one system that has an active (red) alarm saying "Avaya IP Endpoint License Exceeded".
I use 7 of 181, but there are several hundreds configured.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Mine was licensed for 10 and only 3 were built but still had the same message

It shouldn't alarm at all, but it does because the people who write the software these days are idiots, additionally Avaya have known about this for years but never corrected it, I told them about 3 yrs ago this happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back