Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP DID ICR 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

makemetrend

Technical User
Jan 23, 2019
PH
Our client does have 80 direct lines. Is there a way to have a clean setup rather than creating a one by one DID in ICR?

If the DID matches the extension (ie 2125552100-2199) then you can just the MSN configuration tool in manager and make a bunch at once. Sure you could something like 212555XXXX with "#" as the destination...but that isn't any fun.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

too bad our did doesnt match with the extension. So I need to one by one then haha

Could you change the extension numbers to match the DID range, so you can then use MSN?
What's an example of the current extension number format and DID range you have?

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

makememtrend said:
too bad our did doesnt match with the extension
Then you have lost any possibility of clean programming before you start.
this set-up is inherently unclean & would be well worth reconfiguring from the ground up as soon as possible, it will only get worse as this system evolves

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Avaya Remote Support Engineer (A.R.S.E)

ICR is pretty easy to manipulate by exporting and importing as .csv

Use the MSN tool to create the correct number of entries, export, copy the actual DID's and destinations, then import back. Of course, be familiar with the procedures for importing .csv files into the IPO.

Derfloh said:
You can also change the user extensions and create short codes "Dial Extension" to keep the users reachable for a few weeks über their old internal number.

Great in principle but experience (Phone day 1 & 2 in the UK) has taught me that people never change to the "New" numbers untill the old ones die, they will soon learn once you kill them off

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Avaya Remote Support Engineer (A.R.S.E)

I agree IPGuru. Since it is only internal you singt have to worry as much. If the OP hesitates I would communicate that this worry is only temporary and will be deleted after one month. And then you have to delete it really.

Another option would be to route through VMPro module that tells the caller that the number has changed. That's informative but time consuming for the caller and the will learn to dial the new number.

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

Thanks to all of your suggestion! it really helps a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back