Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Connectivity to PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi1

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2009
US
My relocation client is eveluating the following alternatives :

1. Avaya IP PBX with SIP connectivity to either IPC IQMax or BT turrets

2. Cisco CUCM with same alternatives via SIP

The question is this:
Both Avaya and Cisco claim capability to also employ SIP connectivity to the PSTN. Has anyone seen this working anywhere that also employs trading turrets?

Any pros-cons re: SIP to the PSTN when also integrated via SIP to IPC or BT?

Have you considered going with Cisco and IP Blue? This would prevent you from have 2 separate systems from two manufacturers. IP Blue has a soft phone that looks like a turret layout. Their soft phone can be installed to a dedicated device and essentially become a hardware turret. It fully integrates with Cisco.

We run Avaya and IPC over QSIG. Our plans are to go forward with SIP next year. I have no doubt that Avaya can make the change SIP seamlessly. I know once you are at SIP that Avaya SIP phones can answer calls placed to a turret. This should reduce how many users need turrets, such as Administrative Assistants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back