Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Apps for the iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bm97ppc

Programmer
Apr 24, 2004
GB
OK, iPhones now seem to be becoming popular as a business phones. We have experimented with Nokia's as SIP endpoints with some reasonable success but they can't do transfer and the latest phones don't work with the IP Office currently (namely the E52 & E75).

I was wondering how the iPhone compared as an alternative, so I look on the App store and saw loads of SIP apps, just wondered if anyone had tried any and if you had any success?

thanks in advance.

I use weephone. It cannot transfer or conference, but can place calls and recieve calls.

Download Avaya one-X® Mobile Lite from the app store, it work OK. If you want more features download
Movie;
Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Thanks casstechmarc.

Hi Bas1234 thanks but One X mobile is not compatible with the IP Office only the Lite version is. The lite edition only offers call control via calls to specific DDI's. I was after a SIP endpoint, Ideally with transfer but a known working endpoint is a start.

Read again, I did mention the "LITE" and it works.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

I'm aware of that, I pointed out only the Non Compatible version is a Endpoint not the lite. Lite is irrelevant to my original question as it is neither a SIP End point or a alternative.

Oeps, missread your question, you could try Fring from the AppStore should work. But don't know if transfering works.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

I used to use Weephone (both as an add on extension to the local IPO and as a straight SIP phone), it was very basic but could make and receive calls, no transferring though.

I downloaded Acrobits softphone on Monday and it is far better than Weephone, especially the PUSH notifications whereby you can receive a call even if you dont have the app open, call quality is excellent over Wifi (and as an added bonus you can get a call log via web browser).

all of them suck! when your on a SIP call and your cell gets a call it knocks you off the SIP app.

Jeff, with acrobits although it brings up answer/decline when a normal call comes in you can decline and it returns you to your SIP call, so annoying but not the end of the world.

Its £5 over here and for that money I think it is more than worth it, the benefits definitely outweigh the costs. We are currently in discussions with a customer to supply SIP trunks for them to use on iphones when staff are on business trips out of the country to save them on call costs (both in and out).

iSIP is another 1, €4.99 supports Blind Transfer, call record (although I can't find where the recordings go!!!, will check is this an Asterisk feature).

Has a function to disable SLEEP, but this doesn't work. I will test the jailbreak function for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back