Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP ALG configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schust

Technical User
Mar 12, 2013
US
Need a little help. We have a new employee that has brought his own IP phone that he uses for his other business. It is a Polycom Soundpoint IP 335. According to Virtualpbx where he gets his service from. We need to disable SIP AGL and UPnP to make this phone work, so it can reach the outside. Looking at my current phone system setup with Avaya. We use the SIP features below
System > LAN1 and LAN2 > VoIP
SIP Trunks Enabled
SIP Registar Enabled

Are these different from SIP ALG? Any idea's on what could/should be done.

So I assume disabling it would kill our phones. Is there a way around this? My only option I have found is to have his service provider port his number to his new direct line here. So he would just have 1 phone and not 2.

The SIP ALG would be in your Router not the IP Office.

Router or Firewall? either way disabling it within the router, wouldn't disabling that affect my current Avaya IP Phone System?

Disable SIP ALG on your router / firewall. It will mess up your SIP trunks no end.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

So I shouldnt disable it then if its going to mess up my Phone System.

If there another option? or should I do what I suggested before. Have his number ported to his new direct line here?

Application-Level Gateway. Do I understand it. No. Any help is appreicated. Thanks

The phone is still register with the old system. you will need to De-register the phone and then download the new firmware from the Avaya box. I had the simpler problem when we moved the 1140E phone from a BCM to the IPO. I opened an ticket with Avaya on this issue and found little Avaya support. The did state that the IPO as a FTP server wouldn't work with this issue, I had to install and FTP software and install the firmware on the FTP server. I felt the time I spent on get it to work was not wort the cost of a new $150.00 IP phone.

I still have the document some were if you still want to spend the hours to get it working.

ACIS, ACSS, IPO expert,
ACDS, ACSS, Enterprise

Get the phone and trow it in the trash can.
BYOD is getting a nightmare!
Get the guy a proper (Avaya) phone.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

this is resovled. we actually just opened a couple ports.

TCP\UDP
3230 - 3253

UDP
1718-1719

TCP

at first nothing, that is why I came on here. but we can in today and the phone rang and its working. I dont know what the delay was after making the change.

That means you never had IP phones working on the system. without those ports no IP phone would work. Also you will need 3rd party license which will make the phone work like an analog phone. single line only!

ACIS, ACSS, IPO expert,
ACDS, ACSS, Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back