Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

single site Exchange 2000 (formerly 5.5) to native mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdubs410

MIS
Oct 2, 2003
US
Hello,

I have an issue with a single site Exchange 2000 server that has recently been converted from 5.5 to Exchange 2000. Currently, it is running in mixed mode, but I want to change it to native. I've read the microsoft tech note (272314) to prepare my server for conversion, but this seems to be for separate servers. Microsoft tells me to delete all connection agreements and the directory replication connectors (except for ADNAutoDRC connector). They also tell you to go into Microsoft Exchange Administrator (yes, I have Exchange Administrator and System Manager on the same machine) and delete the server from the site. Then, it says to delete the Site Replication Service for the server, and remove the active directory connector. I am worried that because this is all on the same machine, I may cause problems deleting all these items. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back