Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single Signalling Server-Two Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

zardari42

MIS
Mar 28, 2009
PK
Hi i have to option 11c rls 4.0 system at our 02 site with Signaling server at both sides with ITG trunk license also. These 02 sites were connected using CDP, this setup was working 02 years ago. Now they need to reinstall these 02 system at there 02 sites. Problem is that one signaling server has been faulty and they need to connect there both site. Can i connect these 02 sites using a single signalling server?? Please help.

Second can i create 02 Node ID in a signalling server.

Thanks

Sorry these were not ITG trunk actually i have 16 SIP access port at both PBX ISM available.Can i install SS at one site and connect both site??

If you have enough IP license at the one site with Sigserver, you can just build phones there and registar both site phones to same sigserver.

Without 2 Sigservers though, you will not have IP trunking between the two. But phones from both sites could registar to one.

Of course if you upgraded to 5.0 or higher, both sites could be setup as one site elinating need for IP trunking between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back