Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single Input > Multiple Outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJAZ

Programmer
Nov 19, 2002
GB
Hi,

does anybody know if it's possible to have a single input file , WITHOUT using run maps, create multiple output messages (MQ adapter) using only a single output card. The number of output messages depends on the input content.

thanks!

You could use PUT statements. Your Output card needs to have a group object, so that multiple output items can be built. Why don't you want to use RUN maps?, they would be more efficient than PUT statements.

Hi Wilbert,

I am trying to do the same thing as KJAZ and I am not opposed to RUN maps. I have the group object working but would now like to break my file up into pieces. Any insight is appreciated.

You could replace the PUT function with the RUN function and changing the parameters.

marlene98

I presume that you are using a functional map to drive the generation of the repeating Group object. You break the input data up by using the parameters in the functional map call

The Design Guide book works through some examples

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back