Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single Directory Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2010
US
I'm trying to learn the new BackupExec. I have a virtual machine and am testing the backup solution from Backup Exec (which doesn't impress me as of yet) Now, I'm trying to test the restore function. I am trying to restore to my LOCAL drive on the backup server. Two issues.
1. When I ran the first restore job it saw the local drive, and I selected the "My documents" to restore a directory containing a mere 468mb of data. However, the "staging" operation in BE was reading up to 17Gigs when I stopped it.
I believe it was going to read the entire tape (537G) before it restored a measely 468mb directory. Is this the case?
If so, how can I get BE to just back up and restore the DATA, not the entire volume Image???
I need help on this or I'm going back to Arcserve..
Thanks

Have you deployed the agents to the VM's ? And is the VM your trying to restore to 17GB+ Sounds like you are restoring the full VHD.

Point your backup to he VM's shares (not the full VM), and only select them if thats all you want. Other than that you need to restore the Full VM if thats what you have backed up

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back