Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

single computer with limited network access

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwhall51

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2001
I have a laptop that was functioning fine and now is not able to connect to our domain controller anymore. The only thing that changed was I uninstalled Symantec's internet security and firewall. The computer was able to connect after it was uninstalled but now it doesn't. The computer is setup to use off-line files, but the icon always shows that the server is unavailable. I am able to ping the server both with IP and server name. When I view the network I only see one folder on the server instead of all the shared folders. (No security has been changed) The computer does not show up in network neighborhood when viewed from other computers, but IP is able to be pinged. Is there any ideas as to how and fix this? The computer is a laptop running Windows XP SP2 and the server is running Windows 2003 Small Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back