Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Since XP SP1 - Some file stay 'Open'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDELISLE

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2002
CA
I'm using Xp Sp1 and Office Xp , all documents are save on my NT 2000 Server. I'm open an Excel document (Without readOnly Notice), after some minute of work, I'm decide to save... I receive a message 'This file is already Open, you must give an other name to save'

We have 50 computers on the network, only workstation with XP and the SP1 give do this ReadOnly issus.

Thanks

Hmmmm.... That is a good question. I have the same problem, but it happens on one machine only and on a Novell server. We have yet to determine a fix for the problem... I will monitor this thread to see if there is anything I can try as well... debonairOne

"I look in the mirror and what do I see..."
dboneanime.gif

Found this post.... don't know if it will work, but worth a try.. thread779-398241 debonairOne

"I look in the mirror and what do I see..."
dboneanime.gif

I think there are about 5 threads at the moment on this issue. Some in the Office, Windows 2000 server forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back