Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Since upgrading from Office97 to Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonp

MIS
Jan 15, 2003
US
Since upgrading from Office97 to OfficeXP, users on our system are unable to access their old Office Clip Gallery files from within Office XP. I created a workaround by creating a network share of ClipArt collections, but keywords are missing and makes searching for clipart a major task, if not impossible.

I read about XPCAG.EXE, a 2.5MB utility once available on the Microsoft download site--which as since disappeared--being used to access these old files. I found a copy of XPCAG.EXE but was unable to get it to work. Maybe that's why Microsoft pulled the program along with the Knowledge Base article about it (Q297993). Microsoft Support says the utility is currently being rewritten and will reappear sometime soon. When is another question.

I am aware that Microsoft Clip Organizer is not a later version of Microsoft Clip Gallery, nor is it an extension of Clip Gallery. It is not backward compatible with Clip Gallery.

Any help in gaining access to these old Office Clip Gallery files and their keywords from within Office XP is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back