Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simultaneous ring on two phones with one DID/Extension with ability to have two independent calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbs003

Technical User
Sep 5, 2006
AU
Cisco CallManager Express - Version 3.3

Hi, Super comfortable with Avaya, new to CME, I'm sure this is possible just can't get it to work, I have a client who wants the ability to have a single DID/Extension that will ring on two phones simultaneously and can be answered on either, when phone A is busy phone B should ring and they should be able to have two independent conversations, equally if phone B is busy then phone A should ring.

I think I need two ephone-dn's (simultaneous calls) and obviously two ephones. One is a 7690 the other is an ata186 with analogue dect connected.
With this config (simplified) a call to 22334 will ring on the 7690 only, if it is busy the ata will ring and they can have two simultaneous calls (kind of ok except no simultaneous ring) but if the ata is busy a second incoming call does not ring on the 7690 but instead the ata gets call waiting tone.

ephone-dn 3 dual-line
number 22334
label Phone A

ephone-dn 23 dual-line
number 22334
label Phone B

ephone 23
mac-address 0001.0001.0001
type 7960
button 1:23

ephone 29
mac-address 0002.0002.0002
type ata
button 1:3

I don't know if this is possible with CME but in CUCM I would

Renumber the two extensions
Set the 22334 to be a hunt pilot
Put the two new extensions in the hunt group and set the hunt group to broadcast.
That way 22334 will ring on both phones (if idle) and both phones can make calls simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back