Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simultaneous Hunting Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Shaw

Programmer
Apr 19, 2017
IL
I read somewhere that the suggested method to create a simultaneous hunt group in a CS1K is to create a virtual/phantom station with the DN of the required hunt group then to and MCR keys to each of the actual terminals that should be rung simultaneously. If I understood correctly in this case there is no need to create a GHT or a PLDN (which are used for Linear or Round Robin groups)
Is this the best/correct way to achieve this functionality?

Why not just use MCR keys, why use a virtual or phantom? What are you trying to accomplish?

I am looking to create a simultaneous hunt group, such that when its extension is dialed (both internally and externally) all the terminals in the group will ring simultaneously. This can be created with the MCR as you suggest.
I do not want their to be a physical phone that is associated with the extension. If I understand correctly this can be achieved with a phantom/virtual terminal.
I do not want members of the hunt group to be able to make an outgoing call from this specific extension (on the MCR key), although they should be able to make outgoing calls from any other DN key on their phone.

If you create a MCR key on a phone, the user will be able to dial out using it, regardless of whether it is associated
with a virtual/phantom phone or not.

And just to be clear, MCR is not a hunt group. All phones with the MCR DN on them will ring simultaneously until someone picks up, then the other's stop ringing. Next call same thing. No need for a phantom to accomplish this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back