Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simultaneous Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.

owls

Instructor
Oct 10, 2002
US
What is the best way of going about creating multiple animations that happen at the same time but are triggered by different events. I have only used threads to create multiple animations in applets where the animations are triggered off the same event. I've tried using multiple threads but that seems to have only one thread run at a time.

I am trying to code a simple game that has one character throwing an object at a moving character. The throw is triggered off a key press and the other character moves consistently throughout the game.

This is way to big a subject to solve in a forum context. You need to look for a book that covers Java Game development etc.

-pete
[sub]I just can't seem to get back my IntelliSense[/sub]

Hi owls:

"I've tried using multiple threads but that seems to have only one thread run at a time"

In fact, it have only one thread running at a time, at least you have more than one processor. But, if the Thread priorities are well managed, you shouldn't note the difference. But, anyway, you must be a little bit more specific about your needs, a piece of code could help. One thing is to have several animations running at the same time, and anoter different are the events that trigger them, it should be worked apart.

Pedro Andrés Solorzano
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
Bogotá, Colombia, SurAmérica.

Let me know if this post have actually helped you, by clicking the purple star.

Status
Not open for further replies.