Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simulate Click

Status
Not open for further replies.

watts4UA

Technical User
Jan 31, 2008
US
Hello, I am working with a siemens HMI that has VBScript support, and I need to know if there is any way to simulate a mouse click at a specific x,y location on the screen? I figure there is some built in function that I could normaly use, but being this is on an HMI I don't know if the full library is on there. This screen runs a version of windows as the OS, I believe it is CE. Any option welcome...

VBS does not provide this ability. You could condiser using AutoIt perhaps.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Yes, as EBGreen said, AutoIT would be the solution for simulating mouse clicks on a certain screen point. It's very simple to implement a mouse click (MouseClick(x,y)).

All the best
sylro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back