Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simply writing text!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdreddragon

Programmer
Jul 31, 2004
AU
I am new and working through the training manual. To create text, I have opened a text dialog box. All settings are correct, & manual says to type the word "dream". Nothing happens. I click in the lower area to get the flashing cursor and type, still nothing happens. I don't know why, can someone please help me here?
I am not a programmer, but there was no option for novice. [ponder]

I have exactly the same problem, having just started using Dream 3D (Ver 7)
Did you ever get any answers??
donwb

hi donwb,
no, I never did get any reply to this post, you are the first.
I did get some answers from my friends though.
I was told that Corel is such an old program, everyone has moved onto bigger & better things !
That is why I got no response:- nobody is interested in it anymore.
So I followed the crowd.
I suggest you do the same.
I prefer Maya by Alias.
Here is the link.
Go there & get the free download, I have given you not the homepage, but the page with this d/load on it.
There are some good tuturial videos up front, with a hide/recall button for them on the worksheet.
Good luck.

Have fun.

Hi Thirdreddragon

Many thanks for your input. I was surprised to get a response to this archaic subject.
I will certainly follow up what you did. It's just a pain that this problem looks like it should have a simple solution - and probably did, if only one could find it! Fortunately, for my application, it's not a show - stopper as in all other respects, the software seems quite good, though it's early days, and time will tell.
I went to Corel because I needed some 3D which the CAD of my choice (Autodesk's Autosketch) does not do, though it's excellent for 2D.
Thanks again
Regards
donwb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back