Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simply puzzled

Status
Not open for further replies.

aronw

Programmer
Nov 26, 2002
GB
Hi, this might be a simple bogal but, I created a query that selects some records bases on 3 fields. (I have a number of fields in a number of tables. All my data is linked together via Accesses very own ID auto-number PK.)

Out of my 75,000 odd records 251 pop up fitting my criteria. Now, I wish to copy those records and paste them into another DB. (The of DB is just a backup, so tables and fields are the same).

If I highlight the records in my 3 fields query, will all the other connected data (record) be copied as well?

Can anyone suggest a better method if this is not cricket?

TIA

Aron (newbie)

WHAT I WILL DO IS
link the backup db to the regular db and create a append query from reg table to link table that will append *
where it meets your criteria

INSERT into newDBname.newTablename SELECT * FROM oldDBname.oldTableName WHERE criteria1 = value1 and criteria2 = value2 and criteria3 = value3 Get the Best Answers! faq333-2924
"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire
mikewolf@tst-us.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back