Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple script needed... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaughma

IS-IT--Management
Staff member
Nov 21, 2003
US
Can someone push me in the right direction?

I'm writing a simple web page that, among other things, need to tell how many messages are sitting in a particular exchange inbox.

So, in other words, if "Sales" has 15 messages, I need to (through ASP) log into the Sales mailbox, and return a value of how many messages are in the Inbox folder, so that my web page can say "15 Messages Waiting".

I'm not sure the easiest way to do this... I can send e-mail easily enough with ASP, but I haven't had to fetch information from Exchange through ASP before.

TIA!

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

For "classic" ASP to communicate with Exchange it need to use LDAP and both the webserver and the Exchange server would need to be running on an Active Directory Domain Controller.
If the Exchange server is later than ver 2000 using the .net framework extension for Exchange would make it simpler.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

OK, so if I were to re-write this page in ASP.NET (VB), is there a simple way to get the number of unread messages from a mailbox?

All I want to do is put "You have x Unread Messages" on a web page.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Well, I ran into some issues (like the fact that Office isn't installed on my web server).

So I found a cute script that makes a POP3 connection, and modified it so that it counted the number of messages from a LIST command.

It's up and running. :)

Thank you for all your input, however.

Just my 2¢

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back