Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple routing question - how do I tell what route is used dialing 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

twmoody

Technical User
Mar 7, 2003
US
We have a phone switch that is starting to integrate with a Cisco VOIP system that is connectected through TIE lines.

So if I have an Extension 2100, how do I tell whether that goes over the TIE, stays internal to the Nortel, etc.

thanks

Hi,

What type of DN is 9?

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

HI again,

If you go to LD 90 and type:

REQ: PRT
CUST: X (Your cust. number)
FEAT: NET
TRAN: AC1
TYPE: SPN or LOC or NXX or NPA

You will see how the PBX routes your numbers that you dial after the 9.

If you look for the prompt RLI you will see which Route List Index the PBX takes for a dialed number

If you go to LD 86 and type:

REQ: PRT
CUST: X (Your cust number)
TYPE: RLB

you will see all the Route List Indexes. 1 Route List Index can have multiple entry's so you can make exceptions for the Route (ROUT) you take...

I hope this is a bit clear...

Marc D.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks for the great response. This forum is great. Obviously I am new to the Nortel stuff. It seems like the Nortel manuals are very technical and in depth but lacking on the real world situation stuff. This forum has helped a lot with that.

I hope I get to the point where one day, I can actually help some one here!

Where is my star, gime my star [tongue]

Just kidding. I glad to be of some help.....

I know how hard it is to use the Nortel manuals... Although everything is in there, it's often very hard to find. The way you must program stuff is also crazy... To make a set you need to use (In the old systems) LD 10 for analogue and 11 for digital. Print the DN use LD 22 to print the TN 20... THIS WAS MADNESS!!!!!!!!

Luckily they combined some overlays so you can use 1 overlay instead of 4, so it’s much easier to program things now, but some things are still hard to do....

Just keep practicing and I will collect your “IOU” some day... [rednose]

Marc D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back