Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SImple question I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2005
US
Where I used to work we had a code we punched into the phone that gave us the physical port and the extension of the phone right on the phones LCD display. Now I am in another facility and this functionality I was used to using is not there.

I am a network guy not a phone guy but attempted to poke around in the Avaya commands to see where this feature is hidden. I looked all arround in the display feature-access-codes and I saw the PASTE (Display PBX data on the phone) Access Code. I thought this may be it but when I added a code to the PBX I tested it from a phone and got no information still.

1) Is this the right command to get this functionality?
2) Does this command require a reboot to take hold?

All I am looking for is a command that can be done on the phone itself that will display the physical port a phone is punched down to and its associated extension (providing its not TTIed out) without having to call another phone.

I am sure this is a quick simple answer/fix but it will help our supporting this facility much easier.

Using ASA change feature access code. Around page 3 look for Self Station Display Activation: in this field put the code in here. No it does not require a reboot.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

It depends on the PBX. On some of our PBXs it's found at the bottom of page 2.

Most of my switches are R7 - too old for that feature

DonBott

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
--Bertrand Russell

In order for you to be able to set the FAC for the self-display, you also need to make sure the feature is turned on ..
change system-parameters features,, page 1, it should be the first option, just make it a y...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back