Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple Question! Clipper to .exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSUIVERSON

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
US
I don't write CLIPPER but spent time breaking down CLIPPER and rewriting as VBA last year.

This year I need to run an old CLIPPER program but with some tweaking.

I took the original .prg file and added the lines I needed but now I don't know how to make an .exe file to run the new code.

What do I need to do?

Thanks for your help!

This depends on the complexity of your app.

If it is just one .prg file that is built to make a .exe file then you can simply compile and link it.

Code:
C:\LANG\CL50\BIN\CLIPPER %1
BLINKER FI %1 LI C:\LANG\CL50\LIB\CLIPPER,C:\LANG\CL50\LIB\EXTEND,C:\LANG\CL50\LIB\TERMINAL,C:\LANG\CL50\LIB\DBFNTX

The batch file code sample above assumes you are working with Clipper 5, and have it in a folder on your C: drive ...

Also it's set up to use the Blinker Linker, I don't have an example for another one to hand... it's invoked thus:
Code:
MK50 MyPrg

where MK50 is the batch file, and MyPrg is the program (leave off the .prg extension for this).

Does this help?

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back