Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIMPLE QUERY SCRIPT HELP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingjjx

Programmer
Sep 18, 2001
US
HI, I CANT SEEM TO FIND THE PROBLEM ON THIS SIMPLE QUERY SCRIPT THAT I WROTE. CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME .. THANK YOU. THE ERROR MESSAGE SAYS :

Just in time compilation error
An extraneous end tag </CFouput> has been encountered at document position (22:1) to (22:10). End tags cannot be present in CFML templates without a matching start tag.

THE SCRIPT:

<CFQUERY NAME=&quot;Searchdyno&quot; DATASOURCE=&quot;DynoRunEx&quot;>
SELECT Make from Rundata
</cfquery>

<html>
<head>
<title> DynoRun Search database</title>
</head>

<body>
<center>
<p>
SEARCH
<P>
<FORM ACTION=&quot;Dynosearch2.cfm&quot; METHOD=&quot;POST&quot;>
Make: <INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; NAME=&quot;SearchMake&quot;>
<br>
Model: <SELECT NAME=&quot;SearchModel&quot;>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;&quot;>All
<cfoutput query=&quot;Models&quot;>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;#Model#&quot;>#Model#
</cfouput>
</select>
<p>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;SUBMIT&quot; VALUE=&quot;SEARCH&quot;>
</form>
</body>
</html>

THANK YOU

the </CFouput> tag that you have on line 22 of your code is too much; you dont have maching start tag: either put start cfoutput tag or delete </cfoutput> tag on line 22;

if you use this template with cfinclude tag, and in the parent template you have an opening cfoutput tag - that might be the reason for you having problems here; in cf you cannot have nested cfoutput tags... Sylvano
dsylvano@hotmail.com

I think it is just a simple typo problem. Instead of </cfoutput>, you typed </cfouput>. One &quot;t&quot; is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back