Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple PcAnywhere Question? Maybe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassaro

MIS
Jul 19, 2001
US
I'm looking for a short term remote access option while I struggle with Novell / Win2000 Server Terminal Services issues.

I have mutiple sales personal who would like to access our server based order entry software. I have one sales person who uses PcAnywhere and is happy with the results. I have five other sales people who would like to do the same thing as well as one of the company owners. What I am wondering is will I need seperate machines here at work for each of the users who plan on using remote access? Is it possible to have mutiple users call into one machine at work via the internet and use it at the same time?

Thanks,

Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

This may help.

How to connect multiple remotes to a single host simultaneously

Situation:
You want several remote computers to connect to a single host at the same time.

Solution:
pcAnywhere can connect several remote computers to monitor a single host simultaneously. This requires three basic steps:

1. Set up the host for conferencing.
2. Initiate a remote control connection from a single remote.
3. Connect additional remotes to the host using TCP/IP.

It is important to understand that conferencing is essentially a remote control session between a remote computer and a host computer with a number of additional remote computers monitoring that remote control session. Only the initial remote computer actually has control of the host. No other remote will have control.

Thanks for the reply Wardo,

Unfortunatly I need each of these users to be able to input information. Each user would need their own program running on the host machine so they could enter orders sererate from each other.

Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back