Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'Simple' Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chunkus

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
GB
Hi

I currently have 2 PCs networked together - sharing files, printers and a slow internet connection. I think the only kit I have is: 2 internal networks cards, a hub and a LOT of wires!!!!!

I am about to move to ADSL, and buy an Ipaq. Additioanlly, I would also like to have a wireless network. What specific kit do I need to achieve this???

I started looking at Ethernet/Wireless Routers & dongles on the ADSL guide site - but I believe this would only be for the internet connection - which means I would still need my existing hub etc for files and printers (which would not allow the Ipaq to communicate).

HELP!!!! If I am using the wring forum please let me know.

Thank you.

Jason

hi there,
I would recommend you to use the wireless Linksys Model No.W11S4PC11,this is a kit package that comes with Wireless Router and a Wireless Card for Laptop.You no longer have to use any hub or switch on this one.If you have any question, just reply back.Goodluck!

Jason,
This is the 3rd identical thread you've started in the last 2 days. Have you checked back to see the answers you've gotten? Just click the My Threads link in the upper-left corner of the site.

A wireless network/router has the ability to share files. It's identical to a hub, except that it's wireless, has DHCP, and is "switched" (faster and more efficient).

~cdogg
[tab]"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"
[tab][tab]- A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back