Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simple math

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewmasterx

Technical User
May 3, 2005
US
Hello,
I’m not database literate, but could anyone walk me through something that I feel is quite simple. How can I enter a number into one numeric field… with a fixed divisor and show the answer in another field. Example: enter 125 in one field and have the magic of the computer divide this number by 22 and have the answer 54.5 appear in another field. We want to see both. The divisor will always be 22.
Using an old version of Lotus Approach 2.1
Thanks in advance
Michael in Oregon

Very easy. Go in design mode. Click on "add field". Click on "Field Definition". Click on "Insert". Enter a name for the new field. In "data Type", select "calculate". In the next window, select the field you want to modify by double clicking. Select the "operator" "+" then enter "22" or what ever you want your new field to be. Your new field will always be "22" more than the original field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back