Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simple logo export

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveniemann

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2002
US
hello...a corel newbie here...
ive got a simple logo that ive created it and want to export it to a jpg for use on the web. I cant seem to get a clean image epxorted. I've tried all different dpi's, etc... does anyone have any tips to export a clean logo from a .cdr?

thx.

Well, DPI is irrelevant on the web. And if it's a vector illustration you did in Draw, JPG is one of the worst formats to use as the JPG format is a lossy format and you'll get a fair amount of image artifacting. Best bet, if this if for the web, use the GIF format. And if you're expecting vector-type results, you're in for a disappointment because you're not going to get vector crispness from a bitmap. BTW, you're going to need to know one parameter in your exporting of the bitmap from Draw - either the Height or the Width in pixels, let the application calculate the other dimension for you. As I mentioned DPI is not relevant on the web as there are no "dots", plus the GIF format does not even hold any DPI info in its header. That "72dpi" info you see all applications say about GIFs is just a default value they all give to any graphic file that has no DPI value in its header.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back