Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simple line question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike101

Programmer
Jul 20, 2001
US
I have a few questions. I need to know how to make a line a certain length in pixels. Another thing is I need to go from the end of a line to somewhere. My final question is how do I fade from one color to another to another. What I mean is to fade from red to white and then from white to blue. ANYONE that can help with ANY of these questions please tell me cause I need help. Thanks a whole ton everyone.

-Mike Walker

I can help with two of these but I'm not sure what you're asking for in Q.2.

1. Go to File> Preferences> Units & Rulers change the units to display measurements in Pixels.
Open your 'Info' box (Window> Show Info) when you draw your line the info box will show you the start and finish XY coordinates in pixels, from which you can work out the length alternatively use the Guides and the Rulers (you can drag the rulers to your guides to give you X0 Y0 coordinate where you want your line to start).

2. Choose the type of gradient tool you need from the toolbox (Linear, Radial etc). Choose foreground to background option and normal on the operation. Click the Edit button on the gradient window. Edit the colours by highlighting the tab and going to the colour picker within the dialog box. Add the extra colour you need by clicking on the gradient bar (drag off any you create by mistake). Drag the tabs around to get the grad you're after.

Alfie.

Thanks I will try this and tell you how I do. For question 2 what I mean is how to I have a line start at a certain point like the end of a line and go somewhere. Just so they are connected. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back