Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple IIf statement Problem involving multiple combo boxes Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbro

Technical User
Mar 26, 2003
US
Ok, I've now shortened the statement and updated the "or" operand properly to:

=IIf([Equip Status]="N/A" Or [Equip Status]="Accepted",[Review Status]="Reviewed",[Review Status]="Not Reviewed")

Now I dont get an error, but my "Review Status" TextBox does not update to "Reviewed" or "Not Reviewed".

Again, the statement is located within the form on the Equip Status Combo Box (Event -> On Update). The combo box details are Row Source Type = value list and Row Source = N/A;Accepted;Not Accepted.

Why is my Review Status Text Box not updating?

Thanks again.

You might try this:
Code:
[Review Status]=IIf([Equip Status]="N/A" Or [Equip Status]="Accepted","Reviewed","Not Reviewed")

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

It is easier to leave off part of the name of variables but not the greatest of practice. The old timers would shake their fingers at you. Take the time to put 'me.' in front of the fields and variables to be sure the compiler does not think it is a simple variable.

Also in debugging use some booleans like okay

okay = = ([Equip Status]="N/A" ) Or ([Equip Status]="Accepted")

if okay then
else

endif

Then you can slip in a msgbox to see what is happening.

Rollie E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back