Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIMPLE DEFINITY QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYKELB

Technical User
Dec 20, 2005
US
Today I had to create approx. 75-85 new stations and during the process wondered if a range program option exsist?

Also when creating several analog extension my customer ask me to select(this is from memory)"ieag" as terminal type. They all worked fine but I still don't know the difference between this and a 2500 type.

Duplicate station xxxx" will allow you to create multiple copies of a particular station (type) at a pop.

duplicate station xxxx" will let you do 16 phones at a time. If you have ASA "Avaya Site Administration" you can use the import function and do them all at once. If you want more information, send a reply...

dup stat XXXX start 1000 count 16 would not only duplicate stat XXXX, but would start your new extension range at 1000 and prefill those 16 station extensions for you in order (1001, 1002, 1003, etc.).

I'm not sure that a station type "ieag" is; but there is a feature called Alias Set Type (disp alias stat). I have an entry for both "modem" and "fax" in my table, the supported set type for each is 2500. It just makes it easier to know what kind of 2500 device I'm working with. Set aliases are more for convience and housekeeping that anything else.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back