Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple batch file

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickarie

MIS
Mar 6, 2002
US
I have phone system that dumps data thru (com1) hyperterminal(windows XP Pro),I am using capture text option in hyperterminal to save it. I would like to wirte a batch file to
1.start hyperterminal
2.transfer> capture text> c:\filename
3.wait for 20 min. then exit.
I created a hyptermianl session, saved it. wrote the bat file to start the hypertreminal, and that is were run to the wall. How to i get it to start the captue text and save it?
thanks in advance for any help.
(ps can not do much about phone system dumping. Need to save it in capture text so it can be put in a data sheet later.)

I could not find any options for hyperterminal. End up using a macro recorded to do the trick. Once macro recorder (workspace macro pro) establish the capture text option rest was easy. Used the schedule task to run it every night and then wrote a simple batch file to rename the file (test.txt) to date (Feb 02 05), and schedule this one to run every night after the macro.
Just in case anybody interesed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back