Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

trbyrne

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2007
US
I have a very simple backup question. I need a way to copy my user's Outlook files from their PC to the network each and every day. I have users that run Outlook on their PCs (we do not run Exchange Server). I want to copy (not necessarily create a backup) their Outlook files each day to a network drive. I want to copy these files even if they are open. I want to be able to quickly restore these files if anything happens to their PC. For those users that have laptops, I need to have fault tolerance if they are not connected to the network.

I've spent the last few hours searching for a solution on Google. Any ideas?

Hmm...if you don't run Exchange server, google "Backup PST files" since that is what you'll need to do. Do you have a file server to save the backup files to? Then "backup PST files to server". There's lots of ways, but you need to be more specific about your network: # of clients, absence/presence of file server, server OS, network topo etc.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back